An eco-friendly event, the aim of this edition
Forum EnerGaïa has a duty to lead by example in terms of sustainable development. This is why the 2019 edition will see a number of tangible commitments coming into play:
- a reduction in the consumption of energy, water and paper;
- limitation and control of waste generated by the organisation of the event (reduction, reuse and recycling of waste);
- the promotion of “soft” transport modes,
- the introduction of locally-sourced catering with seasonal cuisine;
- initiatives to raise the awareness of partners and the public to environmental issues.
By adopting this approach, Forum EnerGaïa pursues the short-term aim of becoming an environmentally responsible event.
All our eco-friendly initiatives in detail
A considered catering offering:
- In association with the caterer Cabiron – ISO 20121 certified – Forum EnerGaïa undertakes to provide a locally sourced and seasonal food offering
- In the food service area, no plastic bottles will be sold.
- On takeaway areas selling plastic bottles, the plastic bottle tops will be recovered and donated to the charity Bouchons D’Amour.
More information on www.bouchonsdamour.com
- All communications materials are printed on PEFC and Imprim’Vert certified paper
- Badge lanyards and badge holders will be collected for re-use at the 2020 edition
- Promotion of our contractors and other sustainable contributors who work alongside us in our eco-responsible approach
Promotion of green transport
- A carpooling platform ⇒ Togetzer
- SNCF discount vouchers offering 20% off train journeys, available on request.
- Provision of a parking area for two-wheelers
- Improved wayfinding to the tram.
- Improved connections between railway station, airport, tram and exhibition centre
- Improvement of waste sorting
- Recovery of display banners by a recycler to make bags.
- Use of LED light bulbs
- Decoration with ornamental plants that can be replanted.
- Implementation of dual flush systems in men’s, women’s and disabled toilets.